UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WE SHALL HAVE ANY ACCOUNTABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE PLATFORM. YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE PLATFORM IS COMPLETELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Our collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information about individuals will vary depending upon the circumstances. This privacy notice is intended to describe our overall privacy and data protection practices. In some cases, different or additional notices about our data collection and processing practices may be provided and apply to our processing of certain personal information.
SECTION 1 – WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information, we collect in various ways, including:
- To provide, operate, and maintain our Platform.
- To improve, personalize, and expand our Platform.
- To understand and analyze how you use our Platform.
- To develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for user service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Platform, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To send you emails.
- Find and prevent fraud.
SECTION 2 – OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information that we collect and the process will vary depending upon the circumstances. We collect personal information directly from individuals, automatically related to the use of the Services.
We collect information that you provide to us, such as Information that you voluntarily share with us, such as your email address, name, phone number, address or any information about your profile that we can use to offer you a more personalized experience. We use your data to send you news, statistics and additional information related to our services.
To the extent in which NYC SpeedCamBuster offers services that record their location and you use these services, we may gather and process your location data to provide services based on said location. Your GPS location shall not be accessed without your consent.
By default, the majority of browsers and devices provide means for deactivating GPS tracking. If the user has granted his/her express consent to such possibility, the application may receive information related to their actual geographic location.
In particular, the application uses your GPS location for Alerting users, based on their location, of possible road alerts such as: radar cameras, user alerts, speed camera alerts, controlled traffic lights and/or any traffic incident that may be useful for the user of the application.
Our servers receive the type of alert, the location, date/time and the device identifier. This information is stored on our servers and user accounts until the alert is no longer active. Users with Premium subscriptions will have access to their Speed and Location History from their App and will be able to use the information to help Fight a Speeding Violation.
Your Data Controller
We are the data controller with respect to processing your data. This means that we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. We know that you care how data about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through our Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide related services to you.
SECTION 3 – HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general, we use personal information for the purposes set forth below. Where General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or other relevant laws apply, we have set forth the legal bases for such processing in parenthesis.
- Providing support and services: including, for example, to provide services you request (and send related information), operate NYC SpeedCamBuster to communicate with you about your access to and use of our services; to respond to your inquiries; to provide troubleshooting, fulfil your requests and provide technical support; and for other user service and support purposes.
- Analyzing and improving our business: including better understand how users’ access and use NYC SpeedCamBuster to evaluate and improve our services and business operations, and to develop new features, offerings, and services; to conduct surveys, and other evaluations, such as customer satisfaction surveys; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Personalizing content and experiences: including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, and referrals; tailor content we send or display on NYC SpeedCamBuster to offer customization and personalized help and instructions, and otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes: including to reach you with more relevant ads and to evaluate, measure, and improve the effectiveness of our ad campaigns; to send you newsletters, offers, or other information we think may interest you; to contact you about NYC SpeedCamBuster or information we think may interest you;
- Defending our legal rights: including to manage and respond to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- Complying with legal obligations: including to comply with the law, our legal obligations and legal process, such warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests.
SECTION 4 – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the personal information that we collect about you as set forth below or as otherwise described at the time of collection or sharing.
- Third Parties: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, and providing user service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business transfers: We may disclose or transfer personal information as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition, financing, or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted before such event where permitted by law.
- Legally required: We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law (e.g., to law enforcement, courts, or others, e.g., in response to a subpoena or court order).
- Protect our rights: We may disclose personal information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients and users or others.
SECTION 5- COOKIES
SECTION 6- LOG FILES
Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
SECTION 7- THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS TOOLS
SECTION 8- DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS
Please note that our website does not recognize or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the so-called ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have. If you wish to disable cookies on our website, you should not rely on any ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have.
SECTION 9- SECURITY
We use technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to help protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
SECTION 10- DO NOT SELL MY DATA
SECTION 11- CCPA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business deletes any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
SECTION 12- CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our Platform anonymously.
SECTION 13- GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- Right to access: If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your data. Thus, you have the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the data are transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your data.
- Right to rectification of your personal data: Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected.
- Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”): You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under the following assumptions:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the intended purposes;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- You have validly exercised your right of opposition;
- Your data has been illegally processed;
- Your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation. The deletion of data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the deleted data are still temporarily stored.
- Right to limitation of processing: In certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if the data are necessary for the context of legal proceedings or the time required to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
- Right to object: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain any personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You are then free to transfer this data to a similar service provider.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for personalized marketing communication purposes.
SECTION 14- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
SECTION 15- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this Policy at any time. If we make any material change in how we collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal information, we will prominently post a notice regarding such change on the Services. Where required to do so by law, we may seek your prior consent to any material changes we make to this Policy.